Tuesday, June 19, 2012

buhbye bad ju-ju

i am in the middle of re-watching a series of episodes of Foyle's War.
it is very enjoyable in spite of the war-time setting. 
what strikes me is that all the crummy stuff that happens to the many characters in the series
is the same no matter when it is happening. 
i find it much more palatable with the great costuming and the british accents. 

it seems that my need for this is to help ease me through some of the daily grinding here. 
there have been a few events that are knocking me about.
first there was the loss of my tooth. 
that came on the heels of a complete need for a personal makeover:
eating better and exercising more. 
obvious as that is, it did need to be said and put into personal context. 

secondly, i was a vendor at a show on sunday.
my take was not as good as i had hoped it could be. 
it wasn't a loss situation, but i felt as if it might have been more positive. 
like everyone else, i have bills that are just hard to get under control easily. 
in doing a show circuit, you need to be months ahead of where you think you are. 
it is helpful to plan for december in june for example. 

so i was driving down 95 southbound to get home and just collapse. 
perhaps i had it in my mind to even make some fuss over father's day for my hubby. 
somehow, that became the last thing on my list. 
i had purchased a lovely photograph from one of my fellow artists, 
Doug Hockman. 

the hubby's truck has been causing him intolerable grief. 
so i snagged this beauty for him. 
i thought it would be sorta sweet and romantic and all. 


all of doug's beautiful photos can be seen and purchased from his website:

also he is often available to meet as you rifle through some of his other photos 
at shows. 
for more info as to where he might be and when he may be there, 
i get caught up here:

***

as for one of my more recent events, 
coming back on the highway from my day at SOWA...
this happened. 


my rear tire shredded on the highway. 

i actually watched it roll loose on the road, spinning across 3 lanes of traffic and finally coming to rest 
at the guardrail bordering the innermost lane of traffic. 

can you say
unbelievably freaked out???

all things worked out ok. 
but i am still a tad shaky from the entire experience. 
not that any of the lunatics here would notice. 

i was required to drive home from CT last night in the pitch dark for a two hour spate. 
husband bought himself a "new" old car. 
i went with him and the boy to go retrieve it. 
two hours down, two hours back. 
not a thank you or a please in the conversations. 

i have plenty to say about how irritated i am for the lack of sensitivity regarding my shakiness...
however in the efforts to remain a decent human being, i will restrain myself on that tirade. 

everyone is fine. 
no one was injured. 
all is ok. 
not perfect, but ok. 
reasons to be grateful... A, B, C...

***

so i am going to instead primp and show a pretty new necklace that has been coming in stages. 
i did not plan it so, but it worked out to be this.
sometimes, i think things just have their own way of coming together. 


this photo is from my sowa showing. 


still you can get the gist of what pink and green can mean to me. 
calming. restful. orderly. 
ommmm. 

time to spend some effort with the pearl girls. 
i need their classy elegance 
and restful timelessness 
to soothe my frazzled feelings. 

xo. 
W.

No comments:

Post a Comment